We focus on the development of statistical methods for
the analysis of neuroimaging data (EEG, MEG, fMRI) and the joint
analysis of neuroimaging and genetic data. Within this context we apply
develop approaches for statistical modelling and
computation. A secondary focus is the development of Bayesian
methods for cognitive science and general biostatistics research. Our
group is receptive to starting new collaborations with researchers
involved with neuroimaging studies requiring statistical expertise in
the analysis of existing data, the development of new methods for novel
neuroimaging data or statistical problems, and in the design of experiments for
neuroimaging or imaging-genetic studies.
Current Lab Members:
Yasmin (MSc Student)
- Research Interests: Imaging genetics and fMRI data analysis
- A short presentation describing Laila's work is here.
- Yin Song (PhD Student)
- Research Interests: Statistical computing and programming, MEG/EEG inverse problem, Bayesian methods and variational Bayes
- A short presentation describing Yin's work is here.
Yin presenting an e-poster at JSM 2018.
- Shan Shi
- Research Interests: Machine Learning for neuroimaging and genetic data
- A short presentation describing Shan's work is here.
- Eugene Opoku (PhD Student)
- Research Interests: Hidden Markov random fields and associated optimization algorithms
- A short presentation describing Eugene's work is here.
- Li Xing (Postdoctoral
- Research Interests: Analysis of longitudinal imaging genetics data
- A short presentation describing Li's work is here.
Li presenting an e-poster at JSM 2018.
2016 - present: Associate Editor, Canadian Journal of Statistics
2013: Guest Co-Editor, Statistical Methods in Medical Research, Special Issue on Statistics for Imaging
In Fall 2018 I am teaching MATH/STAT 452/552 (Stochastic
Processes/Applied Stochastic Models; course outline
) and STAT 460/560 (Bayesian
Statistics; course outline
). Course material will be distributed in class.
- Member of
the Organizing Committee, The Seventh International Workshop on the
Perspectives on High-Dimensional Data Analysis, CMAT, Guanajuato,
Mexico, June 2017.
- Member of the Local Organizing Committee, Organization for
Human Brain Mapping (OHBM) Annual Meeting, Vancouver, British
Columbia, June 2017.
- Member of the Organizing Committee, The Sixth International
Workshop on the Perspectives on High-Dimensional Data Analysis,
Fields Institute, May 2016.
- Member of the Organizing Committee, Mathematical and Statistical Challenges in Neuroimaging Data Analysis, BIRS, January 2016.
- Program Co-Chair, Workshop on Applied Topology and High-Dimensional Data Analysis, University of Victoria, August 2015.
- Member of the Organizing Committee, International Workshop on the Perspectives on High-dimensional Data Analysis III, Vancouver, May 2013.
Co-Chair, GEOMED 2011:
GeoMedical Systems and Spatial Statistics International Conference,
Victoria, October 2011.