Canada Research Chair in Biostatistics for Spatial and High-Dimensional Data (Tier II, 2013-2018)
of Mathematics and Statistics
Victoria, BC, Canada, V8W 3P4
nathoo at math dot uvic dot ca
Group photo from left to right: Laila
Yasmin (MSc Student), Farouk Nathoo (Principal Investigator), Yin Song (PhD Student), Shan Shi
(PhD Student), Eugene Opoku (PhD Student).
Dr. Nathoo with Inaaya and Donald.
- Member of NSERC Mathematics and Statistics Evaluation Group (EG 1508), 2016-2019.
- South Africa – Canada Research
Chairs Mobility Initiative Grant on "Bayesian Joint Analysis of
Neuroimaging and Genetic Data", $40K, 2017 - 2019; Co-PI with Andries P Engelbrecht.
- Our R package 'bgsmtr' for Bayesian analysis of imaging genetics data is now available on CRAN.
- Our R software 'BinBayes' for Bayesian mixed effects analysis of repeated-measures accuracy studies is now available on GitHub.
- FIELDS 3-day workshop on high-dimensional data analysis is confirmed for May 2016.
- BIRS 5-day workshop on neuroimaging data analysis is confirmed for January 2016.
Greenlaw received the CANSSI-sponsored Best Paper Award at the 2015
Statistical Society of Canada Student Conference,
- Nathoo and Masson (2015) is on the list of "Most Downloaded Journal of Mathematical Psychology Articles" (#11 out of top 25 articles, September 2015).
- NSERC Engage Grant "Forecasting Expected Hydrological Runoff", 2015, $25K. Joint work with UVic SPAR lab.
- NSERC Engage Grant "Modeling Geographic Risk in Glass Assurance", 2015, $20K. Joint work with UVic SPAR lab.
Ismail received an award (one of three presented) for Best Student
Research Presentation at the 2012 Statistical Society of Canada
Students win both of the SSC Case Studies in Data Analysis Competitions
at the 2009 Statistical Society of Canada Conference.
(Hong) Li wins the TIES-WILEY Best Student Poster Award (one of two
presented) at the 2008 International Environmetrics Society Annual
Neuroimaging Statistics, Bayesian Methods, High-dimensional Data, Statistical Modeling and Computation
2016 - present: Associate Editor, Canadian Journal of Statistics
2013: Guest Co-Editor, Statistical Methods in Medical Research, Special Issue on Statistics for Imaging
- Member of
the Organizing Committee, The Seventh International Workshop on the
Perspectives on High-Dimensional Data Analysis, CMAT, Guanajuato,
Mexico, June 2017.
- Member of the Local Organizing Committee, Organization for
Human Brain Mapping (OHBM) Annual Meeting, Vancouver, British
Columbia, June 2017.
- Member of the Organizing Committee, The Sixth International
Workshop on the Perspectives on High-Dimensional Data Analysis,
Fields Institute, May 2016.
- Member of the Organizing Committee, Mathematical and Statistical Challenges in Neuroimaging Data Analysis, BIRS, January 2016.
- Program Co-Chair, Workshop on Applied Topology and High-Dimensional Data Analysis, University of Victoria, August 2015.
- Member of the Organizing Committee, International Workshop on the Perspectives on High-dimensional Data Analysis III, Vancouver, May 2013.
Co-Chair, GEOMED 2011:
GeoMedical Systems and Spatial Statistics International Conference,
Victoria, October 2011.