- Empirical likelihood theory, saddlepoint approximation and applied statistics.
Extended empirical likelihood papers (as of June, 2014):
- Min Tsao (2013). Extending the empirical likelihood by domain expansion.
The Canadian Journal of Statistics. 257-274.
- Min Tsao and Fan Wu (2013). Empirical likelihood on the full parameter space.
The Annals of Statistics. 2176-2196.
- Fan Wu and Min Tsao (2013).
Two-sample extended empirical likelihood (for difference between two univariate means).
- Fan Wu and Min Tsao (2014).
Multivarite two-sample extended empirical likelihood (two-sample extended empirical likelihood for difference between two multivariate means.)
Statistics and Probability Letters. 81-87.
- Min Tsao and Fan Wu (2014).
Extended empirical likelihood for estimating equations
(same as arXiv:1306.1493 but with Figure 1 correctly displayed).
A revision of this paper has been accepted by Biometrika.
- Gengsheng Qin and Min Tsao (2004). Empirical likelihood based inference
for the derivative of the nonparametric regression function. To appear in
- Min Tsao (2004). Bounds on coverage probabilities of the empirical likelihood
ratio confidence regions. To appear in the Annals of Statistics.
Vol 32, No. 3, June 2004.
- Min Tsao (2004). A new method of calibration for the empirical loglikelihood ratio.
To appear in Statistics and Probability Letters.
Tables for E distributions
- Xiaohua Zhou, Min Tsao and Gengsheng Qin (2004). Edgeworth expansion
based confidence intervals for the difference between two proportions.
To appear in the Journal of Statistical Inference and Planning.
- Gengsheng Qin and Min Tsao (2003).
Empirical likelihood inference for median regression
models for censored survival data.
Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Vol. 85/2, 416-430.
- Min Tsao and Julie Zhou (2002). A nonparametric confidence interval
for the trimmed mean, Journal of Nonparametric Statistics,
Vol. 14/6, 665-673.
- Min Tsao and Julie Zhou (2001). On the robustness of the empirical
likelihood ratio confidence interval for location. Canadian Journal
of Statistics , Vol. 29/1, 129-140.
- Min Tsao (2000). On the random placement hypothesis.
Journal of Ecological and Environmental Statistics,
Vol. 7/4, 415-422.
- Rick Routledge and Min Tsao (1997).
On the relationship between two asymptotic expansions of the
distribution of sample mean and its applications.
Annals of Statistics, Vol. 25, No. 5, 2200-2209.
- Min Tsao (1996).
A measure of accuracy for quadrature methods for
Fredholm integral equations of the first kind.
Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics,
Vol. 69/2, 243-249.
- Rick Routledge and Min Tsao (1995). Uniform validity of saddlepoint
expansion on compact sets. Canadian Journal of Statistics,
Vol. 23/4, 425-431.
- Bent Jorgensen, Jose Raul Martinez and Min Tsao (1994).
Asymptotic behaviour of the variance function.
The Scandinavian Journal of Statistics,
Vol. 21/3, 223-243.